Check out winter spa specials at Reno casinos
January is a good time of year to recover from holiday stress, think about the new year ahead and focus on a relaxing and rejuvenating start. A visit to a spa or salon can be one way to bring in relaxation by trying out one of the seasonal treatments available at a Reno casino spa.
These treatments reach far beyond the traditional massage or facial service. In fact, four area casino spas make it a point to deliver unique services, such as the peppermint frost pedicure available at the Atlantis Casino Resort Spa, the Grand Escape Massage at the Grand Sierra Resort and Casino, a Nothing in Between Massage at the Peppermill Resort Hotel or a micro-buff body scrub and Swedish massage at the Silver Legacy Resort Casino.
Remember to arrive early and, if you’re a local, see if a locals’ discount is available.
At the Atlantis, get lost in a luxury spa that has been ranked four-stars by Forbes and that features 15 luxurious treatment rooms, a brine inhalation-light therapy lounge, a couple’s suite, a cardio theater and fitness center, couples suites, men’s and women’s tea lounges and much more. Be sure to arrive early to get a head-start on relaxation and to take advantage of the Atlantis’ cedarwood sauna, herbal steam room and other amenities.
“Spa Atlantis is an excellent place to visit to relax and unwind, especially after the hustle and bustle of the holiday season,” said Tracie Barnthouse, publicist for the Atlantis. “From personalized treatments to three coed lounges, it’s the perfect escape for rejuvenation.”
- Après Ski Warm Stone Facial: This facial focuses on balance and well-being and starts with use of soothing essential oils followed by a deep facial cleanse. A serum customized to the skin type is first applied, followed by a June Jacobs papaya mask. A massage on the face and neck continues the care, and then hot stones are brought in for rejuvenating and warm use on the arms and hands to finalize the treatment. Cost: $180 for 90 minutes. Add on collagen for $20.
- Moroccan Oil Hair Moisture Masque: Start off the New Year with a hair treatment, including an invigorating scalp massage, which is focused on luxury. A Moroccan oil hydrating shampoo is then applied for a deep clean followed by a hair masque and then a blow dry and style. Cost: $60 for 60 minutes.
- Peppermint Frost Pedicure: To make sure that tootsies receive some winter attention, too, try out this luxurious pedicure that starts off with a relaxing, revitalizing aromatic soak for the feet. The exfoliation is followed by an application of peppermint butter soufflé, also applied to the hands. Remember that peppermint can ease swollen feet and also stimulate circulation. Finish by choosing a seasonal OPI polish. Cost: $80 for 60 minutes.
Grand Sierra Resort
The Spa at the GSR offers a variety of services, such as facials, massages, pedicures, waxing, make-up and more. The offerings in January focus on massage, scrubs, and facials, but add-ons can be added to many different types of services. Remember to ask for the Reno locals’ special, which is available to anyone with a government-issued ID living within 60 miles.
- The Grand Escape Massage: Head into deep relaxation with a 25-minute back, neck and shoulders massage that will chase away that post-holiday stress. This is followed up with a sensational foot massage utilizing an invigorating Peppermint sugar scrub that can be helpful to rejuvenating weary feet. Cost $90 for 50 minutes.
- New Year, New You Body Scrub: Get your skin off to a glowing and hydrated start by opting for a warm sugar scrub that is infused with a cooling Peppermint oil. Afterward, melt the stresses of 2016 away by relaxing in warm towels infused with aromatic oils. Cost: $95 for 50 minutes.
- Winter Radiance Facial: Blast into the New Year with a European facial that is created around your own unique skin type. Winter weather can do a number on anyone’s complexion, which is why this facial includes a cleansing, exfoliation, extractions, treatment masque and moisturizer. Cost: $90 for 50 minutes.
The Peppermill’s Spa & Salon Toscana is three stories in all, features Mediterranean architecture, exquisite fountains and water features, and mosaic-covered floors. Get a massage or facial treatment done in one of its 24 rooms or check out its Caldarium that includes an indoor pool, a Secret Garden and sun deck.
- The Ultimate Morrocanoil Manicure: Revitalize your skin with a luxurious body buff that will gently exfoliate your skin and prepare it for a honey lavender-scented Moroccanoil Intense Hydrating Treatment. To create a supple and soft feeling for your hands, choose either a citrus-scented hand cream or a signature-scented body soufflé. Cost: $75 for 50 minutes.
- The Nothing in Between Massage: The New Year can be a great time to focus on the scalp and the feet. This massage does just that with a detoxing, self-heating mud applied to the feet followed by a soothing, but exotic scalp massage. After the mud is removed from the feet, reflexology is used as a culminating feature. Cost $120 for 50 minutes.
- Lavender Dreams: Start the year off with an exfoliating relaxation experience that will leave the skin feeling smooth and silky and the body relaxed. Marine oil and salts are used to gently polish the skin while fragrant linen bundles filled with lavender buds and marine salt crystals provide warmth during the massage. Cost: $185 for 80 minutes.
The European-style health club at the Silver Legacy is located on the fourth floor of its hotel tower and designed using warm Earth tones and calming tranquil textures. The spa also features a fitness center with cardiovascular equipment, steam rooms, saunas and a whirlpool.
- Micro-buff and massage: Try out an apple pie or candy cane 50-minute micro-buff followed by a 50-minute relaxing Swedish massage. Cost: $168 (value $210) for 100 minutes. While supplies last.
Whatever spa package or service you choose, be sure to get to the casino early to check in ready to go and to be immersed in relaxation before your treatment even starts. Consider it a gift to yourself and a smart way to start off the New Year.