Hot August Nights announces free concert lineup
Rock the night away to the unforgettable sounds of the ‘50s, ‘60s and ‘70s during Hot August Nights’ 30th anniversary with a lineup of musical headliners and tribute bands performing for free from Aug. 2-6. Musical legends America and The Monkees headline the week long celebration on Friday, Aug. 5 and Saturday, Aug. 6 from Grand Sierra Resort and Casino’s outdoor stage.
Honoring the music of bygone eras, Hot August Nights is renowned for their free nightly concerts at outdoor venues in Reno and Sparks. Music lovers can dance down memory lane with crowd-favorite cover tunes spanning the eras by Lady an the Tramps and Ronny & The Classics in Sparks. Under the stars at the Grand Sierra Resort, Paperback Writers/The Beatles Experience invokes the infamous foursome, while Kraig Parker/World Premier Elvis Tribute brings “The King” back to the stage with his energetic sounds, moves, charisma and voice.
Entertainment keeps rolling through the week and into the weekend with the internationally acclaimed sounds of Herman’s Hermits starring Peter Noone and Satisfaction/The International Rolling Stones Show. Heading into the weekend, 60’s Summer of Love covers a decade full of hits — from the Beach Boys to the Guess Who and more — while fans can disco the night away with Abbacadabra - the ultimate Abba tribute.
Tuesday, Aug. 2
- Paperback Writer/The Beatles Experience, Grand Sierra Resort and Casino
- Lady an the Tramps, Victorian Square
Wednesday, Aug. 3
- Kraig Parker/World Premier Elvis Tribute, Grand Sierra Resort and Casino
- Ronny & the Classics, Victorian Square
Thursday, Aug. 4
- Herman’s Hermits starring Peter Noone, Grand Sierra Resort and Casino
- Satisfaction/The International Rolling Stones Show, Victorian Square
Friday, Aug. 5
- America, Grand Sierra Resort and Casino
- 60’s Summer of Love, Victorian Square
Saturday, Aug. 6
- The Monkees, Grand Sierra Resort and Casino
- Abbacadabra – the ultimate Abba tribute, Victorian Square
For the complete event schedule or more information on Hot August Nights click here or call 775-356-1956.