Get pampered at a Reno spa
Winter is redolent with the scent and taste of peppermint. Who tires of peppermint bark? Or peppermint lattes, candy canes and peppermint brownies? Peppermint makes us nostalgic for holidays of the past and of those to come.
This month, treat yourself to peppermint in spa form as winter spa specials at four casino spas around Reno, such as a resolution body wrap at the Atlantis Casino Resort Spa, peppermint pedicure at the Grand Sierra Resort, eucalyptus massage at the Peppermill Reno or an candy cane micro-buff body scrub and Swedish massage at the Silver Legacy Resort Casino.
The Atlantis’ spa amenities include a brine inhalation-light therapy lounge, laconium relaxation lounge, aqua spa lounge with experiential shower, indoor atrium pool, steam rooms, saunas and tea lounges. The Atlantis spa offers various types of massages, spa pedicures and manicures, facials, body wraps, salt scrubs and other body treatments, and couples’ experiences. In January, the Atlantis is offering a resolution body wrap, Himalayan hot stone massage and ultimate renewal facial in addition to its regular spa menu.
- Resolution body wrap: Give your New Year’s resolution a jump start with a renewing and slenderizing body wrap specially designed to tone and firm your skin. A perfect addition to your new diet and exercise routine, it optimized results with detoxifying, antioxidant enriched products. A natural organic sugar scrub gently buffs away the stress of the past year, emerging with a newfound luster. Relax as slimming seaweed and detoxifying clays melt into the skin. Cost: $150 for 80 minutes; add on a 30-minute Swedish massage, $200.
- Himalayan Hot Stone Massage: Himalayan salt is the purest form of salt on Earth, balancing your pH while replenishing electrolytes. It improves your respiratory system, and eliminates excess acid. Relax and enjoy the natural hydrotherapeutic combination of heated Himalayan salt stones, scented oils and a rejuvenating massage. Cost: $155 for 60 minutes or $180 for 90 minutes.
- Ultimate renewal facial: New year! New skin! New you! Rid your appearance of dry, weather-sensitized skin with this deep exfoliating facial. A powerful firming complex helps to combat lines around the delicate eye area. Accelerating the skin’s natural repair process, Vitamin A (Retinol), C and E work together to improve elasticity while protecting your skin against harsh free radicals. Enjoy a complimentary lip collagen with every ultimate renewal facial during the month of January. Cost: $130 for 60 minutes; $160 for 90 minutes.
Grand Sierra Resort
The Spa at the GSR offers massages, facials, body treatments and wraps, hair services, nail services, cosmetic services, specialty salon services, waxing, a fitness center, fitness classes, spa packages and a spa day pass. The Spa’s January specials include a holiday recovery treatment; new year, new you facial; and peppermint pedicure.
- Holiday recovery treatment: Begin with a relaxing 25-minute hot stone back massage to melt away that post-holiday stress. A sensational foot massage performed with an invigorating peppermint sugar scrub rejuvenates tired feet. Cost: $95 for 50 minutes.
- New year, new you facial: Start off the new year with a facial designed to give your skin a more radiant, youthful appearance. This treatment utilizes a hydropeptide miracle mask that minimizes fine lines and wrinkles while hydrating and rejuvenating. Cost: $90 for 50 minutes.
- Peppermint pedicure: This truly exhilarating, aromatic treatment incorporates the cool sensation of peppermint to exfoliate and stimulate dry, tired feet. Cost: $50 for 50 minutes.
Inspired by the magnificent baths of ancient Rome, Spa Toscana offers hydrotherapy, massage, reflexology, Reiki, body wraps, bronzing and skin care. Spa Toscana also offers its guests a full-service salon, both men’s and women’s ritual rooms with hot and cold plunge pools, cascading deluge showers, and eucalyptus steam and cedar wood saunas.
The Peppermill’s spa specials through the end of January include a pumpkin spice facial, plum spice hot stone massage, plum spice sugar scrub and massage, plum spice or pumpkin spice pedicure and a eucalyptus massage.
- Pumpkin spice facial: This facial will prepare your skin to receive the fall and winter elements by nourishing, hydrating and protecting it. Cost: $125 for 50 minutes.
- Plum spice hot stone massage: Receive a calming heated basalt stone massage combined with the infusion of fluid massage strokes, and with warmed plum spice oil. Cost: $170 for 75 minutes.
- Plum spice sugar scrub and massage: Enjoy a 25-minute plum spice body scrub to exfoliate and smooth the skin, followed by a relaxing 50-minute Swedish massage. Cost: $170 for 80 minutes.
- Plum spice or pumpkin spice pedicure: Opt for a plum spice or pumpkin spice sugar scrub, mask and oil are used to enhance this fall-inspired treat. Cost: $75 for 50 minutes.
- Eucalyptus massage: Enhance your massage with the healing properties of warmed eucalyptus oil: A treat for the sinuses and any aching muscles. Cost: $120 for 50 minutes; $170 for 80 minutes.
- Hot Apple Spice Stone Massage: Calming heated basalt stone massage with warmed hot apple spice-scented oil. Cost: $170 for 75 minutes.
Downtown Reno's finest European-style health club, located on the fourth floor of Silver Legacy's hotel tower, has a new look. The spa features a state-of-the-art fitness center and a host of additional amenities, including steam rooms, saunas and tranquil whirlpools.
- The Silver Legacy’s special for January is a 50-minute apple pie, pumpkin pie, cinnamon candy or candy cane micro-buff body scrub paired with a 50-minute Swedish massage. Cost: $164 (normally $204); no other discounts apply.
The best thing about casino spas is that you can check in for your treatment and spend the whole day at the spa. So, cast off those thoughts of holiday shopping and meal planning, and treat yourself to an indulgent fall treatment. You know you deserve it.