Help build Reno's definitive Pokemon Go map
While Pokemon GO sweeps the world, you can help enhance the experience in Northern Nevada for locals and visitors. The Reno Pokemon GO Facebook group started a publicly editable Google Map with stops and gyms. But it turns out, certain Pokemon types hide out in certain areas of the city. For example, water types are being found around the Truckee River and fire types are being found on Virginia Street.
Help make the map better so people can leave their neighborhoods and explore the Northern Nevada region and find rare Pokemon on their long walks around the area.
To edit the below Google Map (easier on desktop than mobile):
- Click on the large square bracket icon on the top right of the map to open it in a new window.
- Make sure you're logged in to Google
- On the top left of the new window there's an "Edit" button. Click that to begin adding your spots
- Use the search bar to find an addresses or businesses/locations and click "Add to Map" if it's the right spot
- Or use the Add Marker tool to drop a pin in a location without an address
- Name the location or Pokemon found in either case
- Use the Draw a Line tool to create colored regions for something like "Major lure here" or "All the Charizards here"
- It looks like Pokestops are in red and gyms are in blue, which can be changed by clicking on the pin, then "Style" button and keeping a color.
- Keep hunting!