The 16th annual Diamond Peak Dummy Downhill is Saturday, April 2. Participants build a dummy on skis (or a snowboard) that gets launched off a big jump on Show-Off and spectators can view the action from the Base Lodge Deck.
Schedule & Registration
9-10 a.m. - Dummy Registration & Check-In (Base Lodge Deck)
- Dummies cannot be live and must weigh 75 lbs. or less
- Online pre-registration is strongly encouraged but all dummies must still check in to obtain bibs
10:00 a.m. - Creativity Judging & Load (Base Lodge Deck)
- Dummies will be judged for creativity then transported to the jump
- Captain(s) must be available to help transport, load and unload their dummy at the top of the launch
11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m. (approximately): Dummy Launch (Show-Off & Base Lodge Deck)
- Team Captain(s) will push their dummy at the top of the jump
- Spectators can view from the decks or along Lower Show-Off
After competition: Awards & Party (Base Lodge Deck & Loft Bar Deck)
- Teams must remove dummies and debris after competition. IVGID WasteNot will have a recycling container for those who want to recycle their skis after the competition.
- Award ceremony on the Base Lodge deck following cleanup
- Live Music by Owen Big after awards (Loft Bar Deck)
Watch as unique characters fly down the hill or crash hard. Prizes and certificates will be awarded for creativity, best crash, furthest distance and more. Prizes include Diamond Peak lift tickets, Diamond Peak logo gear, North Lake Tahoe gear, Small Batch BBQ Sauce, and gift certificates from local businesses such as Batch Cupcakery, Mountain High Sandwich Company and Hacienda De La Sierra.
Stick around for live music by local band, Owen Big and happy hour at the Loft Bar. 2016-17 Season Passes will also be on sale at the Early Bird rates during the event.
Events are weather dependent and subject to change; visit DiamondPeak.com/Events for details and updated information.