Pumpkins, apples and cinnamon are all ingredients of autumn. Who tires of pumpkin lattes? Or pumpkin-apple bread? Cinnamon coffee cake? Apple pie? These warm, inviting ingredients make us nostalgic for holidays of the past, and of those to come.
This month, treat yourself to these ingredients in spa form as the spa specials for the fall at four casino spas around Reno, such as a pomegranate spice body treatment at the Atlantis Casino Resort Spa, cranberry jubilee facial at the Grand Sierra Resort, pumpkin spice facial at the Peppermill Resort Spa Casino or an apple pie or pumpkin pie micro-buff body scrub with a Swedish massage at the Silver Legacy Resort Casino.
The Atlantis’ spa amenities include a brine inhalation-light therapy lounge, laconium relaxation lounge, aqua spa lounge with experiential shower, indoor atrium pool, steam rooms, saunas and tea lounges. The Atlantis spa offers various types of massages, spa pedicures and manicures, facials, body wraps, salt scrubs and other body treatments, and couples’ experiences. During November, the Atlantis is offering a perfectly pumpkin enzyme facial, sanvita facial, winter mint foot treatment and pomegranate spice body treatment in addition to its regular spa menu.
- Perfectly pumpkin enzyme facial: Powerful pumpkin enzymes rid your face of dull cells and impurities. Enjoy a soothing hand massage while an antioxidant-rich cranberry facial mask replenishes essential moisture and nutrients leaving your skin glowing and refreshed. A collagen mask is the finishing touch. Cost: $130 for 60 minutes; $160 for 90 minutes.
- Sanvita facial: This facial calms and exfoliates while promoting anti-aging by stimulating the elastin and collagen deep in the skin, and includes a signature hand massage. Cost: $130 for 60 minutes.
- Winter mint foot treatment: Technicians will exfoliate your feet using a chamomile mint sugar rub. Then, feet are coated in a luxurious butter and massaged while you relax in the comforting warmth of a heated neck wrap. Finish with your customized OPI holiday polish selection. Cost: $80 for 60 minutes.
- Pomegranate spice body treatment: This treatment begins with a dry brushing to increase circulation while exfoliating skin. Pomegranate spice massage oil is worked into the skin as you relax with a customized massage. Cost: $120 for 60 minutes; $150 for 90 minutes.
Grand Sierra Resort
The Spa at the GSR offers massages, facials, body treatments and wraps, hair services, nail services, cosmetic services, specialty salon services, waxing, a fitness center, fitness classes, spa packages and a spa day pass. The Spa’s November specials include a cinnamon apple combination massage, pumpkin latte pedicure and cranberry jubilee facial.
- Cinnamon apple combination massage: This delightful trip to grandma’s house begins with a back, neck and shoulder massage. A stimulating foot exfoliation using an aromatic cinnamon apple sugar scrub completes your journey. Cost: $85 for 50 minutes.
- Pumpkin latte pedicure: A creamy butter brulee whole milk soak begins to relax your tired legs and feet, followed by a caramel sugar scrub, leaving your feet feeling energized. This luxurious treatment is then finished with velvety smooth sweet cream lotion. Cost: $50 for 50 minutes.
- Cranberry jubilee facial: A cranberry pomegranate mask is used to refresh, smooth and restore a healthy, radiant appearance to your skin. Features a tranquil neck, shoulder and hand massage with an aromatic vanilla moisturizer. Cost: $90 for 50 minutes.
Inspired by the magnificent baths of ancient Rome, Spa Toscana offers hydrotherapy, massage, reflexology, Reiki, body wraps, bronzing and skin care. Spa Toscana also offers its guests a full-service salon, both men’s and women’s ritual rooms with hot and cold plunge pools, cascading deluge showers, and eucalyptus steam and cedar wood saunas.
The Peppermill’s spa specials through the end of December include a pumpkin spice facial, plum spice hot stone massage, plum spice sugar scrub and massage, plum spice or pumpkin spice pedicure and a eucalyptus massage.
- Pumpkin spice facial: This facial will prepare your skin to receive the fall and winter elements by nourishing, hydrating and protecting it. Cost: $125 for 50 minutes.
- Plum spice hot stone massage: Receive a calming heated basalt stone massage combined with the infusion of fluid massage strokes, and with warmed plum spice oil. Cost: $170 for 75 minutes.
- Plum spice sugar scrub and massage: Enjoy a 25-minute plum spice body scrub to exfoliate and smooth the skin, followed by a relaxing 50-minute Swedish massage. Cost: $170 for 80 minutes.
- Plum spice or pumpkin spice pedicure: Opt for a plum spice or pumpkin spice sugar scrub, mask and oil are used to enhance this fall-inspired treat. Cost: $75 for 50 minutes.
- Eucalyptus massage: Enhance your massage with the healing properties of warmed eucalyptus oil: A treat for the sinuses and any aching muscles. Cost: $120 for 50 minutes; $170 for 80 minutes.
Downtown Reno's finest European-style health club, located on the fourth floor of Silver Legacy's hotel tower, has a new look. The spa features a state-of-the-art fitness center and a host of additional amenities, including steam rooms, saunas and tranquil whirlpools.
- The Silver Legacy’s fall special for November is a 50-minute apple pie or pumpkin pie micro-buff body scrub paired with a 50-minute Swedish massage. Cost: $164 (normally $204); no other discounts apply.
- The winter special for December is a 50-minute cinnamon candy or candy cane micro-buff body scrub and 50-minute Swedish massage. Cost: $164 (normally $204); no other discounts apply.
The best thing about casino spas is that you can check in for your treatment and spend the whole day at the spa. So, cast off those thoughts of holiday shopping and meal planning, and treat yourself to an indulgent fall treatment. You know you deserve it.