Gird your appetites: food and drink events flourish in Reno in the fall. Here's a look at some of the best sipping, grazing and dining.
- Sept. 20. Wine & Dine features wines paired with bites from local chefs. Proceeds benefit Urban Roots garden education for youth. Dolan Lexus, 7175 S. Virginia St.
- Sept. 21. Supper in the Street features a communal meal with local farmers and ranchers. Victorian Square, Sparks.
- Sept. 23. Bud & Brew Music Festival brings together beer vendors and live musical performances. Wingfield Park, 2 N. Arlington Ave.
- Sept 23. Burgundy & Gold Wine & Beer Tasting raises money for Northern Sierra Endurance Training grants to youth and families. California Building, 1000 Cowan Drive, Idlewild Park.
- Sept. 23. The Candy Dance Dinner is part of the annual Candy Dance Arts & Crafts Faire weekend. Downtown Genoa.
- Sept. 23. Oktoberfest offers beer, wine and Bavarian food to raise money for Reno South Rotary Club scholarships. Wolf Run Golf Club, 1400 Wolf Run Road.
- Sept. 23. The Suits & Sneakers Gala features cocktails and dinner to benefit the American Cancer Society's Reno chapter. Reno Ballroom, 401 N. Center St.
- Sept. 24. Paws & Claws features hors d'oeuvres, dinner and animal viewing to benefit Animal Ark wildlife sanctuary. Animal Ark, 1265 Deerlodge Road.
- Sept. 26. An Evening with Johnathan L. Wright, the annual dinner hosted by RGJ Media's food and drink editor, returns to the Atlantis Steakhouse with pours from Lewis Cellars, the Napa Valley winery that produced the Wine Spectator's No. 1 wine of 2016. Atlantis Casino Resort Spa, 3800 S. Virginia St.
- Sept. 30. Nevada Field Day includes cooking demonstrations by local chefs Mark Estee and Clint Jolly, food trucks, and presentations on fall gardening. University of Nevada Main Station Field Lab, 5895 Clean Water Way.
- Oct. 1. The Fall Affair features an Argentinean open-flame dinner to benefit Boys & Girls Club of Truckee Meadows. Meet at the Pink House, 193 Genoa Lane, Genoa.
Chef Ivano Centemeri of La Strada in the Eldorado demonstrates pasta al pomodoro (with tomato sauce) to celebrate the Eldorado Great Italian Festival, which runs Oct. 7-8 in 2017. Jason Bean/RGJ
- Oct. 7-8. The Eldorado Great Italian Festival includes Italian food booths, pasta sauce competition, wine walk, farmers market and Italian Dinner Buffet. Eldorado Resort Casino, 345 N. Virginia St.
- Oct. 9-15. Reno Bites celebrates local food and drink culture with signature events and dining specials at Reno restaurants.
- Oct. 21-22. Grand Sierra Chili & Beer Festival features the World's Championship Chili Cookoff, chili samples and craft beer. Grand Sierra Resort and Casino, 2500 E. Second St.
- Nov. 3. Barrels & Bites supports the Boys & Girls Club of Truckee Meadows with an evening of beer, wine, cocktails and food. Peppermill Resort Spa Casino, 2707 S. Virginia St.
- Nov. 11. Wags & Whiskers, A Night in Havana features dinner and all-you-can-enjoy beer, wine and cocktails to benefit the Nevada Humane Society. Peppermill Resort Spa Casino, 2707 S. Virginia St.
- Nov. 18. Fantasies in Chocolate, the RGJ Foundation's annual black-tie charity gala, returns with a Splash of Color theme. The evening features a VIP dinner, along with beer, wine, spirits, chocolate confections and other sweets, and savory dishes. Grand Sierra Resort and Casino, 2500 E. Second St.