The idea of nabbing a good spot on a Lake Tahoe beach at the height of summer can seem a little daunting.
The result? A frustrating day of anxious beachgoers spending as much time looking for parking and beach space than they do having fun at the lake.
It's a situation promoters of the Tahoe Beaches app want to help people avoid.
Here are five things to know about the app:
- The free app, available on iPhone and Android platforms, is a database of more than 50 Tahoe beaches with detailed information about each one.
- The app has a simple, clean design and is easy to use.
- Users can open it up to a home screen that allows find beaches by location, feature or see all the beaches. It also has a place to store favorite beaches.
- The features function lets people filter results by choosing among more than a dozen features they want in a beach, a list that includes everything from handicapped accessibility to volleyball courts to concessions to camping.
- The location feature can be activated to work with a smartphone GPS so users with the app can simply head to the beach closest to them.
Want more? Get it here.